Friday, 21 September 2012

Thursday Purchases 20/08/2012

Hey everyone, how are you doing? Today I'm just going to post a few of my recent purchases. All make-up and nail varnish this time, I went on a little bit of a spree! Most of these items are pretty budget items; I'm not one for spending a huge amount on make-up unless it's either eyeliner or foundation, which I don't really wear that often.

So here is the collection, from left to right: Manhattan Gel Eyeliner Long-Lasting, Rimmel Lasting Finish in Sweet as Sugar (704), Rimmel Lasting Finish in Pear Drop (703), Bourjois Paris Smokey Eye Trio in Baroque (02), Calvin Klien Splendid Colour in Electric Blue (71309), Calvin Klien Splendid Colour in Hallucinate (71303), Miss Sporty So Clear Pressed Powder in Transparent (001) and finally 17 Miracle Matte Skin Primer.


Miss Sporty items are really cheap, but they tend to be largely okay. I've actually used their foundation before and had no problems, although the coverage is often very light as this brand is aimed at young people. This case comes with the pressed powder, a powder puff and a mirror, all neatly packed. It's a pretty standard pressed powder, decent coverage without looking too cakey. I would recommend it for daily use to take off the shine, but wouldn't use it for anything big like a photoshoot.


Primer is something I've been meaning to get my hands on for a decade. Despite how often I use makeup I've never actually used primer; pretty sure that's a staple of peoples make-up kits! Primer is used to take the shine off your skin and makes make-up last longer. I often find that eyeshadows crease really easily in my eyelids so hopefully this will help that problem. 17 is another budget brand, I've found their nail varnishes to be pretty bad but hopefully this won't be too bad.


This was the most expensive item on the list. I've had a great eyeshadow from Bourjois Paris before and so I decided to get a few more. This set looks like it'd compliment green eyes well, usually I go for purple, brown or green eyeshadows and this is a nice earthy mix. It comes with an applicator sponge and has three shades. Also what I like is that it comes with a little tutorial on the back, telling you which areas to best apply the colour. Usually cheap eyeshadows don't stick and are just a waste, so I'm happy spending a bit more to get something that actually lasts.


I saw the electric blue and thought it was a really striking colour. Never bought any CK nail varnish before but they had a great range of colour and just liked the look of it. Again, this stuff is pretty cheap. I also bought the crazy glittery version, I find that's good for topcoats or just if you want things to be sparkly!


I use Rimmel Nail Varnish a lot, so I know they are decent quality. They don't chip that easily compared to some of my other nail varnishes, and they come in a huge range of colours. I really love green and these two were sat next to each other on the shelf, really complimentry colours and so cute! I could probably think of a few ways to use these. Another thing I noticed about Rimmel Nail Varnishes is that it drys really quick; I'm impatient and usually have loads to do so I end up smudging those that don't dry fast enough.


Finally, gel eyeliner. This was an impulse buy because I'm running out of my usual Maybelline stuff and wanted to try some other gels. I don't know the brand, but it came in a nice clean package and the gel looks nice and smooth. Will review it when I give it a go!



So that's my stuff for Thursday. All kind of impulse, but my makeup kit was getting a little old and same-y and wanted some things to liven it up a bit.

Thanks,

Apple

No comments:

Post a Comment